MySqlException: Table 'dinghysailing_info_db.Manufacturers' doesn't exist RRS feed

• Question

• User1153554953 posted

Hello,

I am using mysql DB with my asp.net core mvc project, when I connect to db at localhost using MySQL workbench it works perfectly alright, but when I alter the connection string to some remote MySQL server with correct credentials, it gives me the error that 

MySqlException: Table 'dinghysailing_info_db.Manufacturers' doesn't exist

I don't know why, as both the locations have exactly same data, I exported tables (structures and data) from MySQL workbench and then imported them into server phpmyadmin, I added the .SQL files there, it showed me some collation error but I changed the collation to utf8mb4_general_ci and it accepted. Now both the locations (localhost and remote server) has exactly same data but I don't know why the error is being shown while using remote MySQL server. 

Thursday, September 10, 2020 11:39 AM

All replies

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

Not a MySQL expert but I would likely start with https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/information-schema-tables-table.html to see which tables are reported.

This is really the only table for which you have this problem or this is just the first one you try to use?

Tuesday, September 15, 2020 3:54 PM
  • User1153554953 posted

This is really the only table for which you have this problem or this is just the first one you try to use?

The problem has been solved, actually the table in DB was "manufacturers" whereas code was asking for "Manufacturers", so I just renamed the DB table to "Manufacturers". Though, its bit confusing because the same thing "manufacturers" was working fine on MySQL Workbench but when I moved the DB to server phpmyadmin, this problem occurred

Tuesday, September 15, 2020 4:06 PM