display LS data in non-client html page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a need to display some LS data in a custom bootstrap styled page.  To do this I have a view model class and a Web Api controller that queries the LS data and returns a list to json format.  No problems with that.  What is the best way to display that json data in a bootstrap table?  I realize this is a little out of scope for the lightswitch forum, but I know you folks are probably doing the same thing with your apps :)

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 3:44 AM

All replies

• Clarification:

The requirement is to have a button in the Silverlight client that opens a non-LS HTML page that displays LS data.  I have a Web Api with a Get method that when called with the parameter will return the data.  The part I need help with is after calling the web api and passing the parameter from the Silverlight client button, how do I get the other page to open and display the json data from the web api?  On the page itself I can use JQuery getJSON but I'm not on that page to begin with so I'm stuck.  Thanks for your help!

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 1:50 PM
  • Hi Hessc,

According to your description above, you want to display LS data in non-client html page. I'm thinking whether integrating LightSwitch into an ASP.NET application is right direction to do that, and you can access data on  Silverlight client and LS HTML page.

Hope it helps.

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 28, 2014 8:49 AM
  • Thanks Michael.  In this case there was not a requirement to do full CRUD, just read and display.  I was able to solve the problem by sending a query string from the desktop client button and using jQuery to fetch the json from the WebApi.  The page turned out very slick and I have a feeling a requirement for full CRUD will coming soon.  I am definitely going to check out the AngularJS goodness!
    Monday, July 28, 2014 8:00 PM