none
Windows Phone MDM CompanyHub doesn't work RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am implementing MDM support for Windows Phone 8.1.

In the final configuration of the wap provisioning profile I provide the EnterpriseAppManagement settings:

<characteristic type=""EnterpriseAppManagement"">
            <characteristic type=""10393657"">
                <parm datatype=""string"" name=""EnrollmentToken"" value=""PEFFVD48RW50ZXJwcmlzZUlkIFZhbHVlPSIxMDM5MzY1NyIgLz48U2 .......  shortened""/>
                <parm datatype=""string"" name=""StoreProductId""  value=""{13d46e97-b132-457a-aa54-72deac0d3a61}""/>
                <parm datatype=""string"" name=""StoreURI"" value=""http://www.windowsphone.com/da-dk/store/app/com.capasystems.CompanyHub/13d46e97-b132-457a-aa54-72deac0d3a61/xap""/>
                <parm datatype=""string"" name=""StoreName"" value=""My App Store""/>
                <parm datatype=""string"" name=""CertificateSearchCriteria"" value=""""/>
                <parm datatype=""string"" name=""CRLCheck"" value=""0""/>
            </characteristic>
        </characteristic>

The enrollment succeds but the CompanyHub download fails and states that there is a problem with the app, contact your company support.

If I download the app through url link in the device browser it works fine.

Any ideas to why this fails, would be highly appreciated ?

Friday, March 13, 2015 10:11 AM

All replies

• Hi 

Is this app signed with Symantec Enterprise Mobile code signing certficate, the same certficate that was used to generate the AET token?

Friday, March 13, 2015 7:16 PM
  • Hi

I have retried now with download from a local path. And I have runned the appx file through the MDILAPPX powertool

powershell.exe -File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\WindowsPhoneApp\v8.1\Tools\MDILXAPCompile\BuildMDILAPPX.ps1" -appxfilename "C:\temp\APPXInput\CompanyHub.WindowsPhone_1.2.0.1_AnyCPU.appx" -pfxfilename "C:\temp\APPXInput\EnterpriseSigningSymantec.pfx" -password something

I can see that the file download is succesful, but the error note appears still on the device.

the EnrollmentToken is taken from the AET.aetx file:

<wap-provisioningdoc>
      <characteristic type="EnterpriseAppManagement">
        <characteristic type="10393657">
          <parm datatype="string" name="EnrollmentToken" value="PEFFVD48RW50ZXJwcmlzZUlkIFZhbHVlPSIxMDM5MzY1NyIgLz48U2lnbmF0dXJlIHhtbG5zPSJodHRwOi8vd3d3LnczLm9yZy8yMDAwLzA5L3htbGRzaWcjIj48U2lnbmVkSW5mbz48Q2Fub25pY2FsaXphdGlvbk1ldGhvZCBBbGdvcml0aG09Imh0dHA6Ly93d3cudzMub3JnL1RSLzIwMDEvUkVDLXhtbC1jMTRuLTIwMDEwMzE1IiAvPjxTaWduYXR1cmVNZXRob2QgQWxnb3JpdGhtPSJodHRwOi8vd3d3LnczLm9yZy8yMDAxLzA0L3htbGRzaWctbW9yZSNyc2Etc2hhMjU2IiAvPjxSZWZlcmVuY2 --- cut"/>
        </characteristic>
      </characteristic>
    </wap-provisioningdoc>

The StoreProductId is unknown where do I find this ?

I guess the CertificateSearchCriteria can be empty both because it downloads the file but also because the SSL connection is trusted by the normal Windows Phone certificate store.

The CRL check is disabled.

I can only see that either my StoreProductId is wrong or the one of the many ID's / guids within the CompanyHub app is wrong.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 1:37 PM