Connectivity to Azure VMs over RDP intermittently throws Internal Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have hosted our RDS Farm and ERP Servers in Azure. our On-Prem users are Connecting to RDS Farm to Access Files and ERP Applications over Site to Site VPN. 

Last Couple of days we experience a very strange situation that intermittently Remote Desktop Connectivity drops only for some users and when they try to reconnect it gives "Internal Error" Message. PING and PSPING to Port 3389 to destination VM get through even during the issue occurred but when user trying to connect it gives INTERNAL ERROR. 

As a Temp Solution i  change either the LAN IP of user PC having issue or disconnect and reconnect the Site-To-Site VPN Link. 

soon after any of above Temp Solutions, users can connect to RDS farm.

Appreciate if anyone could share with me a way to fix the issue completely. 

Regards,

Nishantha. 

Saturday, March 23, 2019 10:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Nishantha, 

Can you make sure you are not exceeding the number of simultaneous connection to the RDS farm?

I don't think so there is an issue with the Site to Site or network as you mentioned that the Psping to the RDS farm working fine during the time of issue. 

Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2008-R2-and-2008/cc753380(v=ws.11) 

Regards, 

Msrini 

Sunday, March 24, 2019 2:37 PM
  • Hi, 

Do you have any update on this issue?

Please 'Mark as answer' if any of the replies helped, so that others in the community who are looking for similar question, can benefit from it.

Regards, 

Msrini

Thursday, March 28, 2019 11:48 AM