none
error CustomFieldRequiredValueNotProvided RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! I do update a project in MS Project 2010 via PSI and there are two required custom fields on project tasks. I filled these fields but when complete the method:

projectClient.QueueUpdateProject(jobUid, sessionId, projectDs,

false)

I get error CustomFieldRequiredValueNotProvided. It is strange. All required custom fields are fiiled. When I create a project there is no error. 

Thursday, February 24, 2011 12:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Andromeda,

is it possible that you fill these custom fields with a wrong reference of a lookup tables value?

Anyway, when you create project from psi and ADD a custom fields values, you should use QueueAddToProject webmethod. If these custom field in your project already exist correctly, you should use QueueUpdateProject webmethod for change values.

Finally, in you projectDS, have you check in visual Studio if every tasks have these custom field values correctly valued?

I hope these info can help you.

Cheers

Paolo O.

Thursday, February 24, 2011 1:08 PM
  • I checked, values are correctly valued. I use for update QueueUpdateProject. I don't know what may be reason.
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 2:31 PM
  • Hi Andromeda61,

have you find and fix the problem? 

Is it possible that you have a required custom field for other entity (assignments or project) that you don't fill ?

Cheers,

Paolo O.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 7:52 AM