Custom list item not viewable for anonymous user RRS feed

• Question

• We have a publishing site has enabled Anonymous acess to users ,I created a custom list and some columns and created a view and grouped by Title and displaying this list by webpart in a custom page, anonymous users can able to view the title column but when they expand it asking authentication to Anonymous users

list has inheriting permissions from parent

adil

Tuesday, May 8, 2018 6:42 AM

Answers

• Hi

You can try to disable the site collection feature named "Limited-access user permission lockdown mode".

The feature description:

When this feature is enabled, permissions for users in the "limited access" permissions level (such as Anonymous Users) are reduced, preventing access to Application Pages.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    Linyu - SharePoint Engineer
    QQ Group: 72637444

Tuesday, May 8, 2018 6:50 AM

All replies

• Hi

You can try to disable the site collection feature named "Limited-access user permission lockdown mode".

The feature description:

When this feature is enabled, permissions for users in the "limited access" permissions level (such as Anonymous Users) are reduced, preventing access to Application Pages.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    Linyu - SharePoint Engineer
    QQ Group: 72637444

Tuesday, May 8, 2018 6:50 AM
  • Hi adilahmed,

I have done a test in my SharePoint 2013 and i can reproduce your issue,  disable the site collection feature "Limited-access user permission lockdown mode" solved the issue.

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, May 9, 2018 9:39 AM
  • If I disable this feature anonymous user can access to application pages , that i don't want because this site exposed to internet users , we have another way to do it ?

adil

Monday, May 14, 2018 4:34 PM
  • Hi adilahmed,

Sorry for late reply.

There is no other way, the only way to solved the issue is to deactivate the site collection feature "Limited-access user permission lockdown mode".

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 10:40 AM
  • Hi adilahmed,

Is there anything update?

Please remember to mark the post as an answer if it helps.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 10:36 AM