How to visualize my connected devices and their states in real time? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I'm new to MS Azure and I have a problem that I can't solve. I connected 3 devices to the IoT Hub which send messages with values every minute. What I really need is a dashboard, where I can see all devices and their current attributes (like deviceid and sensor value).

I created a data flow that sends data to PowerBI. But all I get there is a table with all the data that my devices sent. But what I want to see are only the latest values for each device. Best would be like to have a card for each device that shows the value it sent. 

Can someone help me with this problem? I really don't know how I can solve this.

Thank you!

Mia

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 2:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Mia,

The IoT Hub identity registry contains a field called connectionState. Only use the connectionState field during development and debugging. IoT solutions should not query the field at run time. For example, do not query the connectionState field to check if a device is connected before you send a cloud-to-device message or an SMS. We recommend subscribing to the device disconnectedevent on Event Grid to get alerts and monitor the device connection state. Use this tutorial to learn how to integrate Device Connected and Device Disconnected events from IoT Hub in your IoT solution.

With Azure Monitor, you can get a holistic view of your Azure IoT hubs and devices connected to it through metrics and Diagnostic Settings, and get real-time visibility into issues occurring in any resource in Azure, all in one place.

Also, check the documentation Monitor the health of Azure IoT Hub and diagnose problems quickly for more details.

Thursday, June 13, 2019 9:46 AM