none
Windows service only gets called when visual studio is attached to a process RRS feed

• Question

• I am not sure if this is the correct forum but someone referred me to this one.

I am having problems with a windows service we have built within Windows 7 x64. It does not work correctly normally, however when I "Attached To Process" within Visual Studio it works as expected. I am using vb.net and I have tried disabling the firewall with no luck. 

Are there some specific permissions that I need to allow the service to be called?

Thanks in advance

Katie Smith Systems Developer Bakkavor IS Development

Friday, April 13, 2012 9:00 AM

All replies

• How this is connected with Kinect ? Cause you`re writing on a Kinect forum and I don`t see any connection
    Friday, April 13, 2012 9:12 AM
  • Please if you dont have any relation to kinect post in vb.net forum like change title to  something like: "kinect service program stopped working" if your writing a kinect service or using one.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda. Blog - http://jefferycarlsonblog.blogspot.com/

• Edited by The Thinker Tuesday, April 17, 2012 3:24 PM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 3:24 PM