REST support in Windows Azure AppFabric Caching? RRS feed

• Question

• I could see all SOAP12 API to talk to Windows Azure AppFabric Caching. Do we have REST API for talking to WAz AppFabric Caching? If not now, is there any plan to add this?
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 10:09 AM

Answers

All replies

• Currently there is no REST API for working with Windows Azure AppFabric Caching.  It is only available to .NET clients at this time.

One possible alternative would be to write a simple REST service wrapper around the caching functionality you need and host that service in a web role.  Naturally you would lose the local cache feature (from the caller).

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 1:19 PM
  • I Agree. The problem now is that i cannot use this directly from my PHP application. PHP do not support SOAP12 and I have to write the bridge in .Net to consume Azure AppFabric Caching :(

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 7:00 AM
  • Hi Seetha.

> is there any plan to add this?

I'd like to suggset you submit a feature request to Windows Azure Feature Voting Forum. Then for whether there is a plan for this feature, you may want to confirm it with our azure support:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsazure/support/

As far now, the alternatives are Blob Storage, Table Storage which have REST API's for accessing from PHP.

Thanks.

Wenchao Zeng
    Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Microsoft One Code Framework
    • Marked as answer by Seetha_ Wednesday, July 13, 2011 2:18 PM
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 10:34 AM