Are you supposed to have two databases? RRS feed

• Question

• User259881276 posted

For some reason, my website based on the Personal Web Site starter kit has two databases; The Personal.mdf and ASPNETDB.mdf. My web  config file refers to both of them. Is it supposed to ? I'm not sure if I some how added that as I downloaded this project years ago.  I don't see the original project any longer and I had tinkered with my original download.

Thursday, December 8, 2011 12:14 PM

All replies

• User1446927574 posted

You should have One database for a project. ASPNET.mdf must be having Membership table only and your Presonal.mdf must be having other table. You can merge both databases and update your connection string.

I hope that helps.

Thursday, December 8, 2011 12:17 PM
  • User259881276 posted

Thanks. Can you tell me how to do that? I am in the SQL Server Management studio. I am looking at the ASPNET database and it has, as you say, membership tables, Usersinroles, etc.

Thursday, December 8, 2011 12:52 PM
  • User-1069928006 posted

Hi RaeKC if you are in need of one of the better personal original ver. make a reply and I'll send it. Also there are a lot of a variables concerning .NET any framework 2.0 3.0 etc. so your question opens a lot of windows. What I mean is that there are many answers. I'll try to explain in brief, you can find a aspnet_regsql file in the Windows (c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\your version of .net) If you'd like I have a few web pages that have tutorials on them if you'd like.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 5:50 PM
  • User259881276 posted

Hello -

Thank you. I would like it. I am not sure which framework I have. I can't remember. I just looked in the windows folder and there are several listed there.

Friday, December 16, 2011 10:56 AM