none
Linker error 348: Compilation failed. Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings everyone.  I am hitting a road block on a very strange linker error and I thought I would throw it out here in the community to see if anyone has any thoughts (or better yet has seen it before).

The error is this:
    error 348: Compilation failed. Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

The scenario is this:
    I have 3 class library assemblies (Lib1, LibCommon, Lib2) and as you might have guessed, LibCommon is referenced by both Lib1 and Lib2.  The error seems to occur when I add a new class to LibCommon and then use it in Lib2 (using it in Lib1 is never a problem). 

Environment:
    Windows Server 2003
    Visual Studio 2008 SP1
    .NET 3.5 SP1
    C#

Anyone have any thoughts?

Shawn
    Monday, August 23, 2010 2:26 PM

All replies

•  

I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce this issue.

You may extra the three assemblies into a different solution and check whether the issue is still reproducible. It will be helpful if you can send us a small repro sample, my mail address is v-eryang@microsoft.com.

Sincerely,
    Eric
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback of our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 2:59 AM