none
Is WAP support for System Center 2019 planned? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    are there informations regarding WAP support for System Center 2019? From the product lifecycle page (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/search?alpha=windows%20azure%20pack) we can see that WAP (on Windows Server 2016) is in Mainstream support and Extended support will end 01/12/2027. We would like to know if System Center 2019 support is planned. We know that development now is focused on Azure Stack but I read a lot of posts, in reply to announcement of the GA of System Center 2019, asking for WAP support for the latest version of System Center. Someone here have some information to share?

Thanks in Advance,
    Davide

Friday, April 19, 2019 5:37 PM

All replies

• Hello,
    are there informations regarding WAP support for System Center 2019? From the product lifecycle page (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/search?alpha=windows%20azure%20pack) we can see that WAP (on Windows Server 2016) is in Mainstream support and Extended support will end 01/12/2027. We would like to know if System Center 2019 support is planned. We know that development now is focused on Azure Stack but I read a lot of posts, in reply to announcement of the GA of System Center 2019, asking for WAP support for the latest version of System Center. Someone here have some information to share?

Thanks in Advance,
    Davide

Azure Stack is so closed system, why dropping Azure Pack i can't see why because it solves so much for small depl. Azure Stack is not the same product and if you have mixed hardware it cant solve the same issues.

The things you can do with azure pack and runbook's is amazing and could be so much more.

Hoping admin center will get there but to day you cant do any automation with tenant and vm's

So I am hopping you will get answer to this question.

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 12:49 PM
  • Unfortunately, your best bet to get an answer to this question is to open a support request. If you do not have a support plan, please Email me at AzCommunity@microsoft.com with your SubscriptionID and a link to this post, and I will create a one-time free support request for you to continue troubleshooting this issue. 
    Tuesday, April 30, 2019 10:41 PM
  • Hello BenediktGE,
    I agree, Azure Stack and Azure Stack HCI are totally different products and useful to solve diffent needs. Since System Center 2019 has reached General Avalability, I hope that Azure Pack lifecycle plan will be refreshed because a lot of people is still using it for multitenant IaaS deployments. I read a lot of replies to System Center 2019 GA announcement asking for Azure Pack compatibility with the new version of System Center.

I really hope that a new version of Azure Pack will be announced in the near future.

Davide

Wednesday, May 1, 2019 12:01 AM
  • Hello TravisCragg_MSFT,
    our company has some diffent subscriptions/contracts with Microsoft. Our System Center is licensed under SPLA but I don't know if support is included with this type of subscription, I have never had the need to open a support case before. Could you help me to undestand if we are eligible to get support from Microsoft with SPLA?

Davide

Wednesday, May 1, 2019 12:20 AM
  • They should take the support request regardless of your licensing type, and you should be able to make the support request in the Azure Portal

If for some reason you have issues with support and licensing, let me know here and provide your Support Request#  and I will make sure you get the assistance you need. 

Wednesday, May 1, 2019 9:07 PM
  • Was anyone able to get a response for this? also wondering about System Center 2019 support...
    Thursday, September 26, 2019 2:57 PM