Customizing Modal Window Picker RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to customize the Modal Window Picker so that when the modal window shows up it can have headings?  Basically I setup my modal window picker to be a horizontal stack showing a few fields from the table being picked from and I have it set so the labels are set to show on the top of each field.  This looks nice on the screen which shows the field but when the user clicks the "..." to pick a new value for the field using the modal window, the labels are gone and now all you see are the data fields on each row.

Ideally I would like the modal window to show something like a data grid of rows to choose from but I would be happy for now if it would at least keep the labels in the horizontal stack.

Amendment: I just added a field that happens to be a foreign key and is setup to show as a summary field and its label DOES show up in the modal window picker!  But none of the other fields (that are NOT fks) show their labels.  Weird!

Monday, January 24, 2011 8:35 PM

Answers

• Thanks for reporting this issue.  I have tried your scenario and it works in a recent build.  Beta 2 should see many improvements to how we display data.  I will add your suggestion to the list of new features.

Thanks,
    Erik
    VS LightSwitch Product Team

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Proposed as answer by Erik - MSFT Thursday, January 27, 2011 7:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by pintoj Thursday, January 27, 2011 8:12 PM
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 7:13 PM