Health report for my app says "Unknown" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I made this app called Invert Matrix, it is in the Store, not visible yet at this moment.

My analytics health says 1 crash.  Failure name "Unknown".

Since it is not visible in the store yet I suspect this crash happened during certification.

I would really like to recreate this crash to debug it, but I don't have much to go on.

Many thanks.

• Moved by Breeze Liu Thursday, July 6, 2017 9:21 AM dev issue
    Wednesday, July 5, 2017 8:05 PM

All replies

• Hello,

It's less likely that the crash happened during certification as your submission may fail certification if tester find it crash during test.

I'd suggest you to install your app via Store and test all the feature to see if it can work well.

For debugging purpose, you can add unhandled exception to notify the app about exceptions encountered by the XAML framework or by the Windows Runtime in general that have not been handled by app code.

Additionally, you could log a custom event from your app, pass the custom event string to the Log method provided by the Microsoft Store Services SDK. You can review the total occurrences for your custom events in the Custom events section of the Usage Report in the Dev Center dashboard.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 6, 2017 10:12 AM
  • Thank you for your time.

If I use these custom events , do I need to provide privacy policy ?

Thursday, July 6, 2017 2:41 PM