none
TypeError: Cannot read property 'getFrameData' of null RRS feed

• Question

• When I zoom out the map I am getting this error. Afterward I get the error and continue code execution I get the error on a zoom in as well. See screenshot for more details.

Another issue I am having, which may or may not be connected, is no entities are displaying on the map. I encountered the error while debugging that problem. The entities are in the layer and the layer is in the layers collection. I checked the options on the entities and they have legit fillColor and strokeColor and such. But I can;t see them. I am at a bit of a standstill in debugging it with the above error. I am hoping they are related and the two symptoms together give you a diagnoses.

Any ideas on further debugging steps I should take?

Brad

Thursday, August 31, 2017 6:55 PM

Answers

• Ok, figured out the error. after removing the rest of the dispose()es on my remaining layers, the error went away.

- Brad

• Marked as answer by Brad Mathews Thursday, August 31, 2017 7:10 PM
    Thursday, August 31, 2017 7:09 PM

All replies

• Ok, I just figured out the not displaying entities part. I was clear()ing and dispose()ing my layer before adding a new batch of entities to the layer to maximize my garbage collection. On a hunch I removed the dispose() and my entities are back.

Don't use dispose() unless you are going to remove the layer forevermore.

The getFrameData error is still there.

- Brad

Thursday, August 31, 2017 7:03 PM
  • Ok, figured out the error. after removing the rest of the dispose()es on my remaining layers, the error went away.

- Brad

• Marked as answer by Brad Mathews Thursday, August 31, 2017 7:10 PM
    Thursday, August 31, 2017 7:09 PM
  • Which branch are you using? Experimental, Release, Frozen? Can you provide a code block that demonstrates how you create a layer, add data to it and add it to the map. I suspect this may be related give the error appears to be for a layer. What type of data are you adding to the layer, just pushpins? No other layers being added into an existing layer? 

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Thursday, August 31, 2017 7:13 PM