add .dll reference to azure build definition RRS feed

• Question

• User1080785583 posted

What is the correct way to add a third party .dll file to my .net project, that will eventually check in my files, and have that .dll be able to be located by my azure website?

Build Request Error

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets (1605): Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "Moq". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 6:51 PM

All replies

• Tuesday, October 14, 2014 7:21 PM
  • User1080785583 posted

Bump, i get this on check-in...

Controllers\HomeControllerTest.cs (7): The type or namespace name 'Moq' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets (1605): Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "Moq". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

Exception Message: MSBuild error 1 has ended this build. You can find more specific information about the cause of this error in above messages. (type BuildProcessTerminateException)
    Exception Stack Trace: at System.Activities.Statements.Throw.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)
    at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
    at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 7:57 PM
  • User1080785583 posted

When I edit "Builder Controller Properties" it says Build Controller status is Offline.... how do I turn it on?

this is not the problem

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 8:08 PM
  • User1938476581 posted

Hi,

About Builder Controller issue, I suggest that you can post it in TFS forum to post it where you can get better answers.

Thursday, October 16, 2014 5:23 AM
  • User1080785583 posted

Regarding the non microsoft post on how to do this, there is no documentation on how to include binary dlls in my checkin process for visual studio azure. How is the recommended process for adding binary files to the solution? I can't believe how much is lacking in this process to simply say include the dll.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 3:15 PM