Cannot get errors to show on IIS 10 RRS feed

• Question

• User156553519 posted

I am writing some aspx vb.net scripts and cannot get the errors to show.  In my website root directory web.config I have:

<customErrors mode="Detailed" /> 
    <compilation debug="true" />

But every time I get an error, it give me the error 500 page saying errors are not showing because customErrors mode="off".  Where do i find what is overriding this or what is the problem?

Sunday, March 14, 2021 4:26 PM

All replies

• User1065476709 posted

Hi troy,

I am writing some aspx vb.net scripts and cannot get the errors to show.  In my website root directory web.config I have:

<customErrors mode="Detailed" /> 
    <compilation debug="true" />

But every time I get an error, it give me the error 500 page saying errors are not showing because customErrors mode="off".  Where do i find what is overriding this or what is the problem?

You seem to confuse IIS errors and asp.net errors, I think you should keep in mind that IIS errors and asp.net errors are two separate things.

And if set the customErrors mode="off", then it means that custom errors are disabled. The detailed ASP.NET errors are shown to the remote clients and to the local host.

ASP.net custom errors: customErrors Element.

IIS custom errors: IIS HTTP Errors httpErrors.

If you have any questions, please let me know and show me your web.config file.

Best regards,

Sam

Best regards,

Sam

Monday, March 15, 2021 2:00 AM
  • User676952543 posted

Click on asp from IIS manager and select send errors to the browser under debugging option. For details , I have gone through this playlist , it might help you to learn Classic ASP

Sunday, May 23, 2021 9:08 PM