none
Getbackendpathshort and photographs borked with Access 2016. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I had developed a database with access about five years ago and everything worked fine until Access 2016 came out. I used to recall in form fields certain images linked to my products with the following string:

=IIf([Linkimg] Is Null;getBackendPathshort() & "foto\" & [ID] & ".jpg";getBackendPathshort() & "foto\" & [LinkImg])

Database works like this:

I have a folder where images of my products are stored. Every item had an image that went by the name of it's [ID] Field. So Object "32" would for example go as 32.jpg. 

Everything works still fine like the image fields in masks and reports. The problem IS whenever I want to print a report. 

If I go to the "Print preview", suddently every image that is called with that string do not show. Whenever I print, the page comes blank where the image is. It has always worked fine in previous Access versions.

Any clue?

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 8:30 AM

Answers

• That same KB article should apply, although I believe the updates for Office 365 are automatic.

Look under the 'More Information' header at the URL I posted for steps to determine your update settings.

Just a note - that fix was just released yesterday, so it's possible that your Office 365 has not been updated yet.

Miriam Bizup Access MVP

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 12:12 PM

All replies

• Make sure you have the latest updates installed.  Access 2016 came with an 'image bug', which to my understanding has been fixed. 

Edit:

Details on the fix here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3114379

Miriam Bizup Access MVP

• Edited by mbizup MVP Wednesday, December 9, 2015 10:57 AM Added URL for reference.
    Wednesday, December 9, 2015 10:49 AM
  • I'm using Office 365, is there also a link for that version? 

Thanks by the way.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 11:46 AM
  • I just have done the update via the updater inside Office 365 and it looks like the problem is still there.
    Wednesday, December 9, 2015 12:00 PM
  • That same KB article should apply, although I believe the updates for Office 365 are automatic.

Look under the 'More Information' header at the URL I posted for steps to determine your update settings.

Just a note - that fix was just released yesterday, so it's possible that your Office 365 has not been updated yet.

Miriam Bizup Access MVP

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 12:12 PM
  • Just FYI, the update just appeared for me in Office 365 a couple days ago (no action needed on my part) - so hopefully you are seeing your images now too.

Miriam Bizup Access MVP

Monday, December 21, 2015 4:51 PM