none
Sorry, something went wrong We can't find that workflow.

Question

• Hi

I have SharePoint 2013 workflow associated to a list. when ever item created the workflow will trigger. once the workflow started when i click on the status column it will redirect to the wrkstat.aspx status pages with details.

for some item it shows the error "Sorry, something went wrong We can't find that workflow." Not for all items in the list.

can anyone faced this issue and please let me know any solution for this.

Ramesh

Monday, February 20, 2017 7:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you re-publish the workflow and re-run the workflow for the problematical item manually, will the "Sorry, something went wrong We can't find that workflow” error message show?

Is the workflow a SharePoint 2013 platform workflow? By default, ‘Completed’ and ‘Terminated’ workflow instances are purged from “WFInstanceManagementDB”  database after 30:00:00:00 days (DD:HH:MM:SS ). Please check for the retention period cleanup of Workflow Manager (WorkflowServiceInstanceRecordRetentionDuration setting) and SharePoint (Timer job “Workflow Auto Cleanup”) to see if they are same. If the retention period cleanup settings are different, you’ll get “We can’t find that workflow” error when trying to see Workflow execution history.

How to verify retention period cleanup of Workflow Manager:

Get-WFServiceConfiguration -ServiceUri <Workflow Management WebSite URI> -name WorkflowServiceInstanceRecordRetentionDuration

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 8:00 AM
  • Hi Dean Wang,

Thanks for your help. i have found that Workflow Auto Cleanup has run.

Is there any possible to recover the deleted instance details from the WFInstanceManagementDB database and Instances table.

how do id do it, if i want to get the workflow task related to that particular item. in c#

earlier i was getting these detail by using

WorkflowServicesManager workflowServiceManager = new WorkflowServicesManager(spWeb);
                                   var workflowInstanceService = workflowServiceManager.GetWorkflowInstanceService();
                                   var workflowInstances = workflowInstanceService.EnumerateInstancesForListItem(splist, item.ID);

Thanks in advance.

Ramesh

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 11:12 AM