Windows Live Contacts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys

Is it currently possible to work with the Windows Live Contacts system? It would be great to be able to access the Windows Live Messenger/Mail/Spaces contacts and use that same information to, say, synchronise with an email client address book, mobile phone contacts etc.

Thanks for your time and assistance

Thursday, July 6, 2006 7:47 PM

Answers

• It's nice to be able to follow up on this thread so soon!

Checkout http://dev.live.com/contactsgadget/ 

The Windows Live Contacts gadget is a client-side browser JavaScript object that enables visitors to use their Windows Live contacts with your Web site.  Instead of typing a shipping address into a shopping cart form, for example, the user could simply select one of their Windows Live contacts from the contact gadget.  The user saves time and effort in completing the order, and you gain the benefits of an address book for your Web site without having to implement, maintain, and provision data storage and management UI on your servers.  The user maintains control of their personal contacts data, while you focus on providing services with data the user gives you.

Cheers,

Todd Biggs
    Windows Live

Saturday, August 19, 2006 12:16 AM

All replies

• Great question.  At this time it's not possible to work with Windows Live contact store that's common across all the Live services (Messenger, Mail, Spaces, etc.), but I wouldn't be surprised if you saw something in the near future.  It would certainly enable some interesting new scenarios for developers...

Cheers,
    Todd Biggs, Windows Live
    Friday, August 11, 2006 6:43 PM
  • Agree,how is grant.I imagined the next generation NetWork is grant that can communication every contact method.cell-phone was the interesting and marketing owner in 3G scenarios.Windows Live if can interactive cummunicate via different equipment nowadays is so grant topic in my opinionn.If operate your mobile as well as use the Windows Live on PC.such as, it can be type the road name where you want to go if you don't know the way,the function map it can automatic to show you the details.that's interesting.Is this function being?I'm sorry about my lack of these information in china.
    Saturday, August 12, 2006 6:14 PM
  • It's nice to be able to follow up on this thread so soon!

Checkout http://dev.live.com/contactsgadget/ 

The Windows Live Contacts gadget is a client-side browser JavaScript object that enables visitors to use their Windows Live contacts with your Web site.  Instead of typing a shipping address into a shopping cart form, for example, the user could simply select one of their Windows Live contacts from the contact gadget.  The user saves time and effort in completing the order, and you gain the benefits of an address book for your Web site without having to implement, maintain, and provision data storage and management UI on your servers.  The user maintains control of their personal contacts data, while you focus on providing services with data the user gives you.

Cheers,

Todd Biggs
    Windows Live

Saturday, August 19, 2006 12:16 AM
  • Thanks Todd, that's great news! :)
    Saturday, August 19, 2006 11:03 AM