Custom png pushpin icons appearing larger than the image file RRS feed

• Question

• I'm rendering some png icons on my bing maps v8 map and the icons are appearing enlarged when they are rendered on the map.  Is there some option that is causing this?  This is a legacy project that is being upgraded from bing maps v7 so there is possibly some old options affecting this.  My assumption is it can't be from the CSS based on the fact that custom HTML and CSS isn't allowed on the canvas.  There are possibly some legacy CSS classes being applied but I can't inspect the icons because it's a canvas.
    Friday, July 14, 2017 4:36 AM

Answers

• Thanks.  The original icons were html and css so I recreated a PNG version for v8.  Unfortunately, Windows Display was set to scale at 150% and photoshop ignores that feature so when I attempted to measure the old icons from a screen shot they were scaled up to the wrong size and so my images in photoshop came out to the wrong size.  I turned off the scaling and was able to get a proper screen shot to measure the icons.  Problem solved.
    Saturday, July 15, 2017 7:10 PM

All replies

• There is no scaling of pushpins in v8 so if the pushpins are in fact larger, then your v7 app must have been scaling the custom pushpin images. Look at the image you were using in v7 and see what its actual size is. If needed, resize it.

also be sure to compare v7 to v8 when at the same zoom level otherwise they may look different size but this is an optical illusion.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Friday, July 14, 2017 2:05 PM
  • Thanks.  The original icons were html and css so I recreated a PNG version for v8.  Unfortunately, Windows Display was set to scale at 150% and photoshop ignores that feature so when I attempted to measure the old icons from a screen shot they were scaled up to the wrong size and so my images in photoshop came out to the wrong size.  I turned off the scaling and was able to get a proper screen shot to measure the icons.  Problem solved.
    Saturday, July 15, 2017 7:10 PM