VS2012 SccProjectName <-> $ vs. %24

Question

• Hi!

VS2012 overwrites $ sing to %24 in <SccProjectName> in vcxproj files.

It is not good for VS2010. VS2010 wants to convert it back when I load vcxproj file back.

It is very problematic, because we want to keep both dev and build enviroments.

Is it the designed behavior of VS2012?

Thanks,

Peter

Monday, June 11, 2012 10:03 AM

Answers

• Closing the loop on this after offline investigations with Proxymo. This is a known issue in the RC that should be resolved for the next public release of Visual Studio.
    Tuesday, June 19, 2012 11:55 PM

All replies

• Can you give me a specific example -- the code block from your vcxproj file? Even better if you can email me the project file at shorne at microsoft dot com.
    Monday, June 11, 2012 10:36 PM
  • Sure. This is our current vcxproj file what VS2010 likes:

<PropertyGroup Label="Globals">

<SccProjectName>$/CSDK16/MAIN/Development/Mango/xocr</SccProjectName>
        <SccAuxPath>http://bp-teamsrv02:8080/tfs/tfs2008</SccAuxPath>
        <SccLocalPath>.</SccLocalPath>

</PropertyGroup>

This is what VS2012 modified and VS2010 dislikes. (both devenv want to correct back what likes):

<SccProjectName>%24/CSDK16/MAIN/Development/Mango/xocr</SccProjectName>

So, they are not compatible each other. They always want to checkout the vcxproj files from SourceControl when I load them into devenv to modify.

Thanks,

Peter

• Edited by Proxymo Tuesday, June 12, 2012 5:56 PM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 5:51 PM
  • Closing the loop on this after offline investigations with Proxymo. This is a known issue in the RC that should be resolved for the next public release of Visual Studio.
    Tuesday, June 19, 2012 11:55 PM
  • This is still not solved in the latest RTM and causes us a lot of problems... any news on this?
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 8:19 AM
  • This is still not solved in the latest RTM and causes us a lot of problems... any news on this?

Just installed Microsoft Visual Studio Premium 2012 Update 2 and this is still a problem.

Are we any closer to a fix for this "known" issue?

It is deeply irritating. I end up with local folders named $24! Which does not inspire confidence in TFS's configuration control.

Thursday, May 09, 2013 3:42 PM