none
ERROR C2660 issue with upgrade to VS2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I am having an issue with compiling my project for some reason when I try to complie with VS 2010 set up to use the 2008 compiler i get a bunch of errors in the MSXML2 namespace saying that the numer of arguements is wrong (7 C2660 errors). But if I compile with VS 2008 everything compiles perfectly. Any suggestions as to what might be wrong with my 2010 project?

Thanks,

Blair

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 11:48 PM

Answers

• I seem to have fixed the problem. It seems to have been happening because the Output File settings on a couple of my static libraries had quoted values in them. I removed the quotes and now everything compiles. Weird.

blair

• Marked as answer by Blair2 Thursday, September 23, 2010 8:07 PM
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 8:07 PM

All replies

• Hi Blair2,

>>I try to compile with VS 2010 set up to use the 2008 compiler …

Does it mean you compiled the project with Platform Toolset = V90 in VS2010?   If so, does the problem occur when we set the Platform Toolset to V100? Normally, if Platform Toolset = V90, Visual studio 2010 will use the VS2008 compiler and CRT, the result should be same as VS2008.  

>>But if I compile with VS 2008 everything compiles perfectly. Any suggestions as to what might be wrong with my 2010 project?

It is hard to say where the problem is so far. If it is possible, please show us some sample code which cause the error. So we can investigate the issue locally. It is not necessary that you send out the whole of your project. We just need a simplest sample to reproduce the problem. You can remove any confidential information or business details from it.

Regards,
    Yi Feng Li
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback of our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:40 AM
  • Hi Yi,

Yes I am compiling with Platform Toolset = V90 and Targeted Framework = V3.5. Unfortuantly, I cannot compile with V100 right now I have a couple of non compatibe prereqs which need to be updated first. I will work on a small reproducable set.

Blair

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 4:45 PM
  • Hi Blair2,

Thank you for the information. We are waiting for your reproducible set.

Regards,
    Yi Feng Li
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback of our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 1:59 AM
  • I seem to have fixed the problem. It seems to have been happening because the Output File settings on a couple of my static libraries had quoted values in them. I removed the quotes and now everything compiles. Weird.

blair

• Marked as answer by Blair2 Thursday, September 23, 2010 8:07 PM
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 8:07 PM