none
Visual J# redistributable package and setup program question RRS feed

• Question

• I have a setup project for a J# assembly and when the setup.exe program finishes installing .NET 2.0 it then looks for VJ# redistributable package. I have set the Launch condition properties to launch the vjredist.exe properly but when this installation is finished my setup.exe program has  exited memory.
    Is there anyway to have my setup.exe program continue with my installation like it does for the .NET 2.0 installation after vjredist.exe is completed?

Thursday, June 8, 2006 7:59 PM

Answers

• Issue solved!
    Do not use the launch condition!
    This was originally posted in Visual J# General but moved to this one.
    I found in the Windows Installer Deployment section of the MSDN Library the section titled:

How to: Install Prerequisites in Windows Installer Deployment

To choose which prerequisites to install

1. In Solution Explorer, select the deployment project.

2. On the Project menu, click Properties.

3. In the Property Pages dialog box, expand the Configuration Properties node, and then select the Build property page.

4. Click the Prerequisites button.

5. In the Prerequisites dialog box, make sure that the Create setup program to install prerequisite components box is checked.

6. In the Choose which prerequisites to install list, check the prerequisites that you wish to install, and then click OK.

Then I selected the same folder as my application and it included all necessary files.
    It works like a champ!!

Friday, June 9, 2006 9:41 PM

All replies

• Are you sending any arguments to vjredist.exe? Unless you aren't already, try these:

/q:a /c:"install.exe /q"

Thursday, June 8, 2006 8:32 PM
  • Thanks for replying!
    I tried that but the problem is once the vjredist.exe is launched, my setup.exe halts and exits from memory. I verified this using the process viewer.
    I tried a few of the arguments to vjredist.exe but my setup.exe still exits.
    Thursday, June 8, 2006 8:55 PM
  • Issue solved!
    Do not use the launch condition!
    This was originally posted in Visual J# General but moved to this one.
    I found in the Windows Installer Deployment section of the MSDN Library the section titled:

How to: Install Prerequisites in Windows Installer Deployment

To choose which prerequisites to install

1. In Solution Explorer, select the deployment project.

2. On the Project menu, click Properties.

3. In the Property Pages dialog box, expand the Configuration Properties node, and then select the Build property page.

4. Click the Prerequisites button.

5. In the Prerequisites dialog box, make sure that the Create setup program to install prerequisite components box is checked.

6. In the Choose which prerequisites to install list, check the prerequisites that you wish to install, and then click OK.

Then I selected the same folder as my application and it included all necessary files.
    It works like a champ!!

Friday, June 9, 2006 9:41 PM