Server Error in '/' Application WCF service hosted on Windows Azure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have developed RESTful service that communicates with SQL Azure database. Everything works as expected on my local DEV environment.

But once I deployed on Windows Azure, it started giving below error. Any help on this is appreciated, I have tried all customerror mode Off/On/RemoteOnly without any luck. :(

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
        <system.web>
            <customErrors mode="Off"/>
        </system.web>
    </configuration>

Notes:
    The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by
    modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's
    <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page
    URL.
    <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
        <system.web>
            <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
        </system.web>
    </configuration>

Harit K

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 6:52 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Does it happen when you access .svc in browser or when you access the RESTful service? The first step to troubleshoot WCF issue is to configure WCF tracing:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms733025.aspx

You can RDP to the cloud VM and check out the trace log. The log can give you more insights as to what the problem is. Please let me know the detailed information about the error that you find in the log if this problem still cannot be resolved.

Allen Chen [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Edited by Allen Chen - MSFT Friday, September 21, 2012 5:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jiang Yun Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:54 AM
    Friday, September 21, 2012 3:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Does it happen when you access .svc in browser or when you access the RESTful service? The first step to troubleshoot WCF issue is to configure WCF tracing:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms733025.aspx

You can RDP to the cloud VM and check out the trace log. The log can give you more insights as to what the problem is. Please let me know the detailed information about the error that you find in the log if this problem still cannot be resolved.

Allen Chen [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Edited by Allen Chen - MSFT Friday, September 21, 2012 5:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jiang Yun Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:54 AM
    Friday, September 21, 2012 3:21 AM
  • Hi,

I will mark the reply as answer. If you find it no help, please feel free to unmark it and follow up.

Thanks.

Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:54 AM