none
AutosuggestManager : Suggest different results for 2 people RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I use AutosuggestManager to search for cities in France but it gives different results for 2 people.

When they search the same citie, Autosuggest return the right citie name but in 2 different districts.

Changing options values has no effect.

Can Someone explain me why these results or give me a solution?

Thanks

My code :

var options = { maxResults: 10,
                                    countryCode : "FR",
                                    autoDetectLocation : false, 
                                    addressSuggestions : false,
                                    placeSuggestions : true,
                                    useMapView : false,
                                    map: map 
                           };
    this.autoSuggestManager = new Microsoft.Maps.AutosuggestManager(options);  

Thursday, March 8, 2018 10:01 AM

Answers

• Just to verify, are the users in the same local? It is possible if they are in different countries and/or have different language/country settings on their computer, that different culture parameters will be passed into the request. Try adding the following to the map script URL to see if the issue still occurs: &setMkt=fr-FR&setLang=fr&UR=FR

This will ensure both users have the same language/culture settings on the map. This is documented here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/mt712553.aspx

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Friday, March 9, 2018 2:45 PM

All replies

• What's the name of the city?

Have you tried the experimental branch? There is an update coming for the Autosuggest module as it was not handling the user map view correctly. That may be related.

Thursday, March 8, 2018 6:15 PM
  • Thanks for the answer.

The name of the city is "Charly" (one is in district "Rhône". The other in district "Cher").

I'm going to try the experimental branch.

Friday, March 9, 2018 8:23 AM
  • Just to verify, are the users in the same local? It is possible if they are in different countries and/or have different language/country settings on their computer, that different culture parameters will be passed into the request. Try adding the following to the map script URL to see if the issue still occurs: &setMkt=fr-FR&setLang=fr&UR=FR

This will ensure both users have the same language/culture settings on the map. This is documented here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/mt712553.aspx

Friday, March 9, 2018 2:45 PM