InfoPath Filler Template Cache RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to InfoPath. I created a template on my local computer and used InfoPath filler to fill a form based on it. After that I deleted the template but I still can use it to edit the form on InfoPath filler.

Where InfoPath filler store “cache” copies of the previously used templates?

Monday, March 18, 2013 3:47 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I understand that you want to delete the InfoPath template (.xsn file) and delete its catch, so that you can disable users from editing it.

You can find the catch file in  C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\InfoPath\FormCache3, there are probably many folders in that path. To locate the one storing your certain template, you can open every folder and check the .xml file. After find that, you can go back and delete the folder.

If I have any misunderstandings, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,

Kenon Yin

• Marked as answer by -artificer- Monday, March 18, 2013 1:16 PM
    Monday, March 18, 2013 9:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I understand that you want to delete the InfoPath template (.xsn file) and delete its catch, so that you can disable users from editing it.

You can find the catch file in  C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\InfoPath\FormCache3, there are probably many folders in that path. To locate the one storing your certain template, you can open every folder and check the .xml file. After find that, you can go back and delete the folder.

If I have any misunderstandings, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,

Kenon Yin

• Marked as answer by -artificer- Monday, March 18, 2013 1:16 PM
    Monday, March 18, 2013 9:39 AM
  • Thanks a lot! I found it around 2 min before your response. LOL
    Monday, March 18, 2013 1:17 PM