Do not prompt user to save export steps RRS feed

• Question

• I distribute ACCDEs, and I do not want users being prompted to save export steps when they export a report to PDF.

How do I disable prompting for saving export steps, preferable for the entire application, or at least when compiled to ACCDE?

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 3:59 AM

Answers

• All that I can propose is to create a custom ribbon for reports. AFAIK, there is no way to change the way built-in wizards (and Export is one of them) work.

Andrey V Artemyev | Saint-Petersburg, Russia

• Marked as answer by Brian D. Hart Wednesday, April 1, 2015 3:22 PM
    Wednesday, April 1, 2015 9:45 AM

All replies

• You can create your own button for export with the following code:

DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "MyReport", acFormatPDF, "C:\...\MyReport.pdf"
    There is no prompt after the export is done.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 7:36 AM
  • I know I can do that. What I am doing is leaving the ribbon disabled except when in reports--where the various export options are quite useful to the end user without the potential for causing problems as on forms used for data entry.

But I do not want users saving export steps or anything else but data in the application. So I am looking for a global way to disable the prompt to save export steps, at least when compiled to ACCDE.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 9:04 AM
  • All that I can propose is to create a custom ribbon for reports. AFAIK, there is no way to change the way built-in wizards (and Export is one of them) work.

• Marked as answer by Brian D. Hart Wednesday, April 1, 2015 3:22 PM
    Wednesday, April 1, 2015 9:45 AM
  • Fair enough. I can create a custom ribbon. I just did not want to do that if there was a simple way to disable the wizard.

I just like the simplicity of the stock report ribbon, including the export to PDF, Excel, etc; however, I do not want users being bothered with the popup offering to save the steps every time, and it seems to me that one purpose of using an ACCDE is to keep end users from adding anything except data to the database.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 3:22 PM