none
64bit Applications RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can someone please confirm the status of the ability to build 64bit Kinect applications? I know that this was not possible in early versions of the SDK but cannot see anything about it in the latest release notes.

I'm building an application referencing the Toolkit, and FaceTracking projects. I am trying to run my application as 64 bit and have set the FaceTracking project to its x64 profile but it is throwing a BadImageFormatException (I assume on the reference to Microsoft.Kinect.dll).

Thanks

Monday, October 7, 2013 10:44 AM

Answers

• Does the sample FaceTracking Visualization have the same issue? You can try this by changing the solution target platform to x64, recompile and run. What color format are you trying to pass to FaceTracking? It only supports RGB.

I am assuming you are looking at the native api's. We provide both x86 and x64 libraries to compile native and managed applications. Be sure you are linking the correct lib in your compiler path. You will also need to copy the 64bit version of the .dll.

Includes don't change: $(KINECTSDK10_DIR)inc;$(KINECT_TOOLKIT_DIR)inc;

SDK Library for x64: $(KINECTSDK10_DIR)lib\amd64;

Toolkit Library for x64: $(KINECT_TOOLKIT_DIR)Lib\amd64;
    - FaceTrackLib.lib (Take note that name is the same as x86)
    - KinectBackgroundRemoval180_64.lib
    - KinectFusion180_64.lib
    - KinectInteraction180_64.lib

For .Net if you leave the target to "Any Platform", .Net will run native for the os you are running.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 9:18 PM