Enumerating Video Cards RRS feed

Answers

• The IDirect3D9 interface supplies functions you can use to enumerate adapters.  You can use the GetAdapterCount function to find out how many there are and then just loop through them getting the information you want (e.g. using a for loop like for(int i = 0;i < numAdapters; ++i) {//code here}).  Check the documentation for more details.
    Wednesday, December 21, 2005 1:51 PM
  • There is a GetAvailableTextureMem function in the IDirect3DDevice9 interface that you can use.  However you're not gonna get a value like 64/128/256 (i.e. the actual memory size installed).  You don't really need to know the installed amount of video memory anyway.
    Thursday, December 22, 2005 11:34 AM

All replies

• The IDirect3D9 interface supplies functions you can use to enumerate adapters.  You can use the GetAdapterCount function to find out how many there are and then just loop through them getting the information you want (e.g. using a for loop like for(int i = 0;i < numAdapters; ++i) {//code here}).  Check the documentation for more details.
    Wednesday, December 21, 2005 1:51 PM
  • Thanks, and were i look to see Video Memory?
    Thursday, December 22, 2005 8:56 AM
  • There is a GetAvailableTextureMem function in the IDirect3DDevice9 interface that you can use.  However you're not gonna get a value like 64/128/256 (i.e. the actual memory size installed).  You don't really need to know the installed amount of video memory anyway.
    Thursday, December 22, 2005 11:34 AM