financial Parent/Child Hierarchy in MDS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I want to include MDS into an ETL process that I am developing for a data wharehouse and financial cube. Before I get too far in the development of my ETL , I would like to know if MDS can meet the following requirements and maybe some of you could point to resources that could help me out.

My Financial Heirrachy is structured almost exactly like the Adventure Works P/C hierarchy called “Accounts ” in the “Account” dimension

Requirements:

My Financial Heirrachy is structured almost exactly like the Adventure Works P/C hierarchy called “Accounts ” in the “Account” dimension

1.       Create/Maintain Financial hierarchy with multiple root members (Balance Sheet, Net Income, Statistics). Root member if parent is null.

2.       Create/Maintain hierarchy attributes. GL Number, GL Name, GL Parent, GL type, GL operator (unary operator)…

Let me know if you think that this is possible and if you know of any good resources that could help me.

I currently working my way through the book “Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Master Data Services”

Thanks

Garrett

Garrett Edmondson
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 4:12 PM

Answers

All replies