Windows 8 Bug Submission

General discussion

• Hi,
    I've Found Some Bugs In The 8 Dev Preview And Thought Some Others Might Have Some

Bug Format

Please Submit Bugs In The Format:
    Username [break] Type: (Metro Style, Driver, Desktop), Computer Type[break] Issue
    Example: (Not An Actual Bug)
    Win31King
    Metro Style Apps, Dell Inspiron 530 (2009)
    The Metro Style App 'Copper' Is A Shortcut That Leads To The App Store

Bugs:

The Programmer Of 7+ Languages
    Driver Error, Dell Latitude D420
    When I Go To Control Panel It Prompts To Enable Windows Audio Service.
    I Click Yes And No Devices Appear. After Fixing The Driver In Device Manager
    It Still Won't Work. As A Further Matter I Plug In A USB VoIP Device That Works
    On My Other Computer And It Installs. All Drivers Are Correct. In Control Panel
    (Desktop View) I Enable Windows Audio Service And Sound Still Doesn't Work.

The Programmer Of 7+ Langages
    Saturday, November 26, 2011 8:54 PM

All replies

• The Programmer Of 7+ Languages
    Metro Style App Internet Explorer, Dell Latitude D420
    In The Internet Explorer Metro, Plugins Such As Java And Adobe Reader
    Will Not Work.
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 11:32 PM
  • Hey The Programmer Of 7 And More Languages,

For the problem you are experiencing with your sound, have you tried downloading and installing the latest drivers for your computer's sound card from your computer manufacturer or sound card manufacturer? If not, please visit your computer or sound card manufacturer's website to download the latest driver.

If the driver isn't able to install successfully, try using the compatibility troubleshooter to see if it can help the driver to install properly. The compatibility troubleshooter can be opened by:

• Enter the Start screen
    • Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section
    • Select Search
    • Type Compatibility
    • Click Settings in the right column
    • Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your sound card's driver. You will likely want to choose the choice for This program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now when it is given if the latest driver is only applicable to a different version of Windows.

If installing the latest driver doesn't resolve this problem, try checking to see if a more recent version of your motherboard's BIOS is available from your computer manufacturer's website. Instructions for how to update your motherboard's BIOS should be available in your user manual or on your computer/motherboard provider's website.

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) or Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS/UEFI settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Regarding your entry about plugins such as Java and Adobe Reader in Metro style Internet Explorer, please take a look at the information provided in the blog entry linked below:
    Building Windows 8 - Metro style browsing and plug-in free HTML5

Thank you for posting your feedback, we want to make sure we get the right info including your log files. Can you also submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program? If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview. There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here.

Steven
    Friday, December 2, 2011 11:02 PM
  • The Programmer Of 7+ Languages, Desktop\Metro Style, Dell Latitude D420

The Microsoft Office Live Website Will Not Validate When I Log In And Give Me An Error Stating I Need A Proper Internet Browser

Monday, December 19, 2011 3:08 PM