none
Visual Studio Pro Trial Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I am working with the visual studio pro 2015. And it's trial is expired. 

When I try to login with my account with 90-days extended trial. It keeps state that the extended trial was expired.

However, this account works fine on other visual studio pro 2015, which trial is working and extended the trial.

Anyone come up with ideas on how this issue happen?

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 1:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

We can evaluate the release version of Professional and Enterprise editions of Visual Studio for 30 days, starting when you install the product. Signing in to Visual Studio adds 60 days to the evaluation period, for a total of 90 days.

>>However, this account works fine on other visual studio pro 2015, which trial is working and extended the trial.

If the account has been used to sign in visual studio professional/enterprise to add 60 days to the evaluation period. We will only have 30-day trial when use it in the other visual studio professional/enterprise.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 5:50 AM
  • Thanks Joyce,

However, I got something like

"License: Trial extension (for evaluation purposes only)

This product is licensed to: xxxxxx through Profile

Your evaluation period has ended.

Your extended trial has expired. License with an online account or a product key.

We could not unlock Visual Studio with the accounts available.

Please ensure that you have added an account with a valid subscription and the account is authenticated.

"

And this email was just created and used in the visual studio.

Any thought about this?

I think there are some issue on it since it should give me a 60 days trial when I logged in a new Microsoft account.

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 6:33 AM
  • Hi,

Refer to the error message, please have a try with the following to remove the sign in cache, then login again:

• Delete the whole folder C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\.IdentityService and restart VS
    • Delete the folder C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\15.0_xxxx

If this issue persists, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 8:50 AM
  • Joyce,

My organization has a few users experiencing this issue as well and that sign in cache work around was attempted for each one and has not worked. Our first instance of this was last week but we seem to have a new one everyday. Some of our developers were able to move to VS2017 but others require 2015 for their projects. We are working on compiling as much information as we can prior to connecting support directly.

Josh

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 3:36 PM
  • Hi Josh,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Do you have problem with signing in visual studio?

Could you please provide more information to help us better understand you? 

Best regards,

Joyce

Thursday, February 21, 2019 7:50 AM