none
How to set the default font size of a table in PowerPoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a custom table style in PowerPoint with the correct formatting by editing the tablestyles.xml file in my templates.  One are that I want to change though is the default font size, which does not seem to be available.  I would like my header row to come in at 18pt and the rest of the table to be 14pt.

Is it possible to set this in the table style, or failing that somewhere else, maybe in the slide master?
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009 5:33 PM

All replies

• if you use OpenXmlDiff tool to lookup the differences after you change the font in the header row by client, you will see that the only change in markup is :
            <a:tc>
             <a:txBody>
              <a:bodyPr/>
              <a:lstStyle/>
              <a:p>
               <a:r>
                <a:rPr lang="en-US" sz="2400" baseline="0" dirty="0" smtClean="0"/>
                <a:t>
                 hCell1
                </a:t>
               </a:r>
               <a:endParaRPr lang="en-US" sz="2400" baseline="0" dirty="0"/>
              </a:p>
             </a:txBody>
             <a:tcPr/>
            </a:tc>

so i guess you only have to deal with slide part.
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 4:58 AM
  • Ah thanks, that helps for getting the slide right as I create it.  I would also like to be able to set something so that when users take the presentation and create a new table the formatting is still correct, so I need to be able to set the default font size for the text in the table.   Do you know where this is set?
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 2:19 PM
  • Hi Simon,

Did you find answer for the issue? I have to implement same behavior and wondering if you could share the solution.

Thanks,
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 9:36 PM
  • You need to go to the slidemaster of the slide and look for otherStyle. Under this element you will see style definitions that specify size (sz). Change the size there.

<p:otherStyle>
    <a:defPPr>
    <a:defRPr lang="en-US"/>
    </a:defPPr>
    <a:lvl1pPr marL="0" algn="l" defTabSz="914400" rtl="0" eaLnBrk="1" latinLnBrk="0" hangingPunct="1">
    <a:defRPr sz="4000" kern="1200">
    <a:solidFill>
    <a:schemeClr val="tx1"/>
    </a:solidFill>
    <a:latin typeface="+mn-lt"/>
    <a:ea typeface="+mn-ea"/>
    <a:cs typeface="+mn-cs"/>
    </a:defRPr>
    </a:lvl1pPr>

Zeyad Rajabi (MS)
    • Proposed as answer by Simon Reid Friday, January 8, 2010 4:18 PM
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 12:09 AM
  • Hi,

I have the exact same issue. I want the top row of a table to be a different text size to the rest. If you set the lvl1pPr sz in p:otherStyle, it will change the tables font size, but it makes the whole table that size. How can we make the first row be one size and the rest of the rows be another?

I haven't found anything at all that lets me do this, I tried seeing if a:firstRow in a:tableStyle had any options but it doesnt look like it,

Any help?

Thursday, December 8, 2011 2:24 AM
  • In case anyone is interested we eventually gave up an implemented this in an event handler.  We added a tag to the presentation to specify the font size for the first row, and when someone creates a table we use the SelectionChange event to capture that a new table is drawn and then force the font size to change.

Not the nicest solution but it works!

• Proposed as answer by Simon Reid Monday, April 30, 2012 7:42 PM
    Monday, April 30, 2012 7:42 PM