none
How to get web application url in webservice RRS feed

• Question

• I have application with two components, mobile application (e.g. iPad, android tab) as front-end and web application as back-end.

Whatever data transfer happens at mobile application is through different web services written in ,asmx page in my web application. 

Now in one of my web services I send email notification to client. In that email I need to provide my backend login page URL link to user. So user can access back end application using his/her laptop using that link. If user clicks that link, it should take him to web application login page.

How can I get that URL link in web service?

So suppose this is my web application login page URL, 

http://IP address of web server/TestApplication/Login.aspx.

So how can I get this link in web service?

-Mrutyunjaya

Thursday, July 26, 2018 8:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Mrutyunjaya,

>>So how can I get this link in web service?

For Web Serivce, it follows Request-Response pattern. It will not know the Login Path if you did not pass it to web service.

There are two options for you.

1. In general, login path would not change, I would suggest you configure it in web.config

2. Passing the Login path from application to web service when you request web service.

Best Regards,

Tao Zhou

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 27, 2018 6:55 AM