Update list item from within list item RRS feed

• Question

• I have a list in SharePoint 2007 with a Person or Group type column, named "Attendees" which can contain multiple persons. I want to update Attendees with the logged-in user name on click of a custom link on the form which I have inserted. I was thinking of triggering a workflow which will update the list item, but am not sure how to trigger the update workflow. I am not using nay coding but only SharePoint Designer. Any leads or help would be appreciated.
    Monday, March 19, 2012 11:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi, onclick of the custom form add the list item or update list item and create a workflow for the list when the Item Added or Item Updated event will trigger the workflow and update the same item.

Anil

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 8:02 AM
  • Hi

You can get the Logged in User name without code by doing this  Goto List Settings -> Select Your Column ("Attendees") Change the Type as Single Line of Text and in Default Value give it as [Me].

• Edited by SivaMit Tuesday, March 20, 2012 10:07 AM
    Tuesday, March 20, 2012 10:06 AM
  • That is what I wanted to know. How can I update a list item by clicking a link on the same form? I have a workflow attached on update of the list item. But am not sure how can I trigger the update item event out-of-the-box?
    Tuesday, March 20, 2012 2:49 PM
  • My problem is not getting the logged in user name. My problem is triggering an update event out-of-the-box.
    Tuesday, March 20, 2012 2:50 PM
  • Thursday, March 22, 2012 4:44 AM