Unable to Install SQL Server Management Studio 18.2, Fatal Error (0x80070643) RRS feed

• Question

• Good day! I am having difficulties in installing SQL Server Management Studio 18.2. Can someone help me? 

Thursday, August 22, 2019 11:11 AM

All replies

• Good day! I am having difficulties in installing SQL Server Management Studio 18.2. Can someone help me? 

Please see if below same questions helps:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/17786747-5f50-4968-9e06-81c25a5af93d/unable-to-install-sql-server-management-studio-2017-fatal-error-0x80070643?forum=sqltools

Cheers
    Vaibhav
    MCSA (SQL Server 2012)

Thursday, August 22, 2019 11:39 AM
  • Hello Friend,

Tell us more about how difficult you are having so we can help you better.

Jefferson Clyton Pereira da Silva - [MCSA | MCP | MCTS | MTA | Analista de Banco de Dados - Sql Server e Oracle ]

Thursday, August 22, 2019 2:11 PM
  • Hi Matiyou,

>> Unable to Install SQL Server Management Studio 18.2, Fatal Error (0x80070643)

The error message "FATAL ERROR (0X80070643)" can be related to .NET Framework, please use Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool to repair it.

If it is not the case, please try to install SSMS As administrator :
    •Right click in the setup file.
    •Select and click in Run as administrator

I also find a similar thread, hope it could help you.

If they all not work, please share the SSMS setup log (%TEMP%\SSMSSetup\SSMS-Setup-ENU_installdate.log) for analysis.

Best regards,
    Cathy 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, August 23, 2019 2:24 AM
  • If anyone has the same problem there is one registry key that blocks the instalation. Copying from this article.
    https://help.act.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024248314-Error-A-computer-restart-is-required-or-Reboot-pending-When-Attempting-to-Install-Act-or-the-Microsoft-SQL-Server-ACT7-Instance 
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet\Control\Session Manager\PendingFileRenameOperations 
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet[00n]\Control\Session Manager\PendingFileRenameOperations.
    This key can be a leftover sometimes and it signals the installer that there is a reboot pending after some other instalation. After deleting it installation goes without any problems.
    Monday, August 10, 2020 12:36 PM