none
Stored Procedure Failure when AS2 receive location runs RRS feed

• Question

•  

This is a production server with NO orchestrations.  The two errors are representative of what we are getting when the AS2 receive location (AS2Receive pipeline) receives traffic.  The times, 7:51:08 and 8:11:10, follow the receive of transactions, e.g., a block of transactions were received between 7:46:07 - 7:51:05 and 8:11:06 - 8:11:08.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: BizTalk Server 2006
    Event Category: BizTalk Server 2006
    Event ID: 6912
    Date:  3/17/2008
    Time:  7:51:08 PM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: DEVISER
    Description:
    The following stored procedure call failed: " { call [dbo].[bts_UpdateMsgbox_BizTalkServerApplication]( ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)}". SQL Server returned error string: "Transaction (Process ID 156) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.;Duplicate key was ignored.".

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: BizTalk Server 2006
    Event Category: BizTalk Server 2006
    Event ID: 6912
    Date:  3/17/2008
    Time:  8:11:10 PM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: DEVISER
    Description:
    The following stored procedure call failed: " { call [dbo].[bts_UpdateMsgbox_BizTalkServerApplication]( ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)}". SQL Server returned error string: "Transaction (Process ID 154) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.;Duplicate key was ignored.;Duplicate key was ignored.;Duplicate key was ignored.;Duplicate key was ignored.".

Would someone suggest a path for me to follow in understanding what is happening?

Thanks,

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 2:22 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Initially, it looks like performance issue with BTS rather than with AS2, however, I need more information to be able to trace it.

Do you have this error when you receive message on a server when it's under load?

Do you have AS2 status reporting enabled? Do you have BisTalk tracking enabled for incoming AS2 traffic?

BR,

Yury

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 5:39 PM
  • There is another reason other than Yury's,
    The website may also be a bottle neck, the receive location can be pointing a website which cannot handle large number of requests. And if the website uses BTSHttpreceive.dll there may be a problem of deadlock coming there. Please check if that is the case and let us know.

• Proposed as answer by edhickey Friday, September 4, 2009 8:59 PM
    Saturday, August 29, 2009 9:26 PM
  • I will do that when I get the chance -- hadn't thought of looking there.

Thanks,

Jim -- Pro Mapping in BizTalk 2009, Apress Books, March 23, 2009
    Tuesday, September 1, 2009 6:04 PM