Silverlight Error Message ID: 1622 RRS feed

• Question

• I am having trouble with downloading Silverlight onto my computer (windows 7). Every time I try to download the installation fails and I receive Error Message 1622. I've tried deleting everything from the Temp folder, installing as administrator, and making sure that the folder can be written in.

Can anyone help? 

Monday, June 24, 2013 5:45 AM

Answers

All replies

• Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:59 AM
  • SOLUTION !!!!

Me too I have that problem and after trying all the solutions mentioned in every forum no work for me, but I finally figured it out. I have windows 7 64 bit

1) Download installer "Silverligth64.exe"
    2) Download the application "universal extractor", install it.
          http://www.winpenpack.com/en/download.php?view.1271
    3) Create a temporary folder eg "c: \ step"
    4) run the universal installer extractor and select "Silverlight64.exe" in the first line and the second put the folder you just created "c: \ step"
    5) go to the folder "c: \ step" and another file unzip this and more can be with winrar or 7zip or that you like the file is called "silverlight.7z" and should be in the same folder "c: \ step "
    6) run the file in this folder "silverlight.msi" and then the "silverlight.msp"

and wuala Silverlight works in Explorer and Chrome ....

I hope you like my work ... encourage!!

• Proposed as answer by Urban... _ Wednesday, August 27, 2014 9:25 PM
    Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:56 PM
  •      After muddling through 10's of 1000's of "how to fix it" posts and searches on Google, I stumbled onto this comment. While I had a little trouble with the steps, I used the extraction process recommended, ran the .msi file 1st and then the setup file for Silverlight and for the first time the install went without a hitch and only required a restart. Everything is functional at this point with the latest version installed. Thank you very much! Wish I knew how you got to this resolve.

John,

P.s. Whatever you do, keep doing it! You are good at it.
    • Edited by Southpaw47 Thursday, November 7, 2013 4:17 PM
    Thursday, November 7, 2013 4:13 PM
  • I've tried a thousand solution. None worked for me. But, and trust me on that one, what really worked for me is that:

1.Create a new user with admin rights.

2.Download and Install Silverlight on the new user and it will be automatically installed for all users.

That's it :)

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 8:57 AM