Real Time synchronisation of Remote server and client sever MS SQL database RRS feed

• Question

• Hii,

Can anyone help me out, how to synchronise sql database available on server with the local database ?

The database should get update in real time whenever their is any change in database. 

Monday, November 25, 2019 1:51 PM

All replies

• For this you can use the build-in Feature SQL Server Replication, e.g. Transactional Replication

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Monday, November 25, 2019 2:26 PM
  • Define real time. If you mean within a second, you really need to roll your own solution with a split write, and queing when one server is unavailable.

If you are comfortable with a latency which can be server seconds to several minutes (or more) as Olaf points out transactional replication may work for you.

Monday, November 25, 2019 2:37 PM
  • Hi Hilary,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, it should happen within a second or few seconds but not in minutes, considering both server are available.

Monday, November 25, 2019 3:36 PM
  • Hi Olaf,

Thanks for your response.

I will definitely go through recommendation. I am newbie to these things. Thus, looking for all the options.

Monday, November 25, 2019 3:37 PM
  • For transactional replication the best it can be is 2 seconds, under load this can turn into considerably more. Large batch inserts/updates/deletes can increase this latency significantly.

Note that transactional replication requires that every table have a primary key.

Monday, November 25, 2019 3:46 PM
  • Hi Hilary,

Can you please let me know step by step process or any link , i can go through? I an newbie and really have no knowledge of transactional replication.

Monday, November 25, 2019 4:37 PM
  • Monday, November 25, 2019 4:41 PM
  • Hi Sandeep_Gupta2210,

Have you solved this problem ?  In order to close this thread, please kindly mark your replies as answers. By doing so, it will benefit all community members who are having this similar issue.  Your contribution is highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 7:13 AM