none
Measuring Height from Floor for Kinect v2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to measure my height from the floor using the Kinect v2 sensor. I am trying to modify the D2D BodyBasics sample but cannot get the FloorClipPlane property working. I read that it's a part of the BodyFrame class but I just cannot get the Syntax to work. Some help would be well appreciated.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 8:29 AM

All replies

• You will first need to correct for any camera tilt and adjust based on the height from the floor or feet to head and add a little buffer. 

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/eba64c3f-ab99-4ccc-932e-df82740a885d/kinect-height-measurement?forum=kinectv2sdk

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 9:47 PM
  • Thank you. This is helpful but I am having trouble with the code in the link. Is it written in C# or C++? You can probably already tell I am really new at programming.

I got the FloorClipPlane to work but I am just having some trouble with the stuff in the code (Vector3, Mathf etc.) If that is not already, I am looking for something in C++.

My ultimate goal is to translate the Kinect's origin to the floor where it reads all of the joints with reference to the floor, help would be greatly appreciated.

Thursday, February 26, 2015 9:18 AM
  • The code is c# but should be straight forward enough if you have a math library that handles a vectors and matrix math. The code just generates a matrix that you can multiply your position vector to correct for the tilt and height of the sensor.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Monday, March 2, 2015 7:40 PM