none
Privacy policy link in Charms - Settings duplicated

Question

• Hello,

I have received an Inmediate Action Request message from app store telling me that my app is non-compliant with point 4.1 because of lack of Privacy link.

When I open Charms - Settings, auto generated links are created. There are three auto generated links "Permissions", "Rate and review", "Privacy policy". The Privacy policy link takes me to the app store page of my app, not to the privacy policy page I defined on my app description page.

I tried to add my custom "Privacy policy" link to Settings but then I get a duplicated, two "Privacy policy" links are displayed. I cannot remove the auto-generated link.

How can I change the target of the auto-generated "Privacy policy" link?, can I remove it so then I can add my custom link?. Is this something that app store controls?. App passed verification when submitted, not sure why I am getting this Inmediate Action Request. My app maybe unpublished, please help.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 10:55 PM

All replies

• Hi enarmedia,

For now, you will need to provide your own Privacy Policy to be compliant with the Store. The result of this is that there will be two Privacy links presented at runtime: the auto-generated one, and the one you generate, but that's the way it is unfortunately...atleast for now. We have raised this issue and it is being tracked, but as of now I do not have any further details on a good fix for this duplicate links issue.

If you need further help or have any questions, please contact support: http://dev.windows.com/en-us/community/support and select the "Publishing apps" link.

Thanks,

Prashant

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 11:11 PM