none
how to make the pages in doc to image RRS feed

• Question

• hi 

sorry for my poor english.

i want to realize a function like Navigation pane in the word2010. now i don't know how to make the pages in doc to image by vsto. 

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 6:17 AM

Answers

All replies

• Could you perhaps get the window handle of the Microsoft Word application, and then use some WIN32 calls such as this :-

public void ScreenshotWindow(IntPtr windowHandle) {

Rect Rect = new Rect();

GetWindowRect(windowHandle, out Rect);

int width = Rect.right - Rect.left;

int height = Rect.bottom - Rect.top;

IntPtr windowDeviceContext = GetWindowDC(windowHandle);

IntPtr destDeviceContext = CreateCompatibleDC(windowDeviceContext);

IntPtr bitmapHandle = CreateCompatibleBitmap(windowDeviceContext, width, height);

IntPtr oldObject = SelectObject(destDeviceContext, bitmapHandle);

BitBlt(destDeviceContext, 0, 0, width, height, windowDeviceContext, 0, 0, CAPTUREBLT | SRCCOPY);

SelectObject(destDeviceContext, oldObject);

DeleteDC(destDeviceContext);

ReleaseDC(windowHandle, destDeviceContext);

Image screenshot = Image.FromHbitmap(bitmapHandle);

DeleteObject(bitmapHandle);

screenshot
    .Save("C:\\Screenshots\\" + windowHandle.ToString() + ".png", System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Png);

}

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 7:47 AM
  • window can display more then one page, or even be in middle between pages, so this is not a solution. I think you could use Range.CopyAsPicture and select single page into the range. How to do this properly and handle all corner cases - i do not know, you should ask on forum for word developers.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff836633
    Tuesday, May 29, 2012 8:39 AM
  • Thank you for your reply. What i want to achieve is each page has a thumbnail. And they should be shown in my listview control. now i really don't know how to get the thumbnail, do you have any ideas?
    Tuesday, May 29, 2012 8:41 AM
  • i assume that getting image problem is solved or will be solved. Now you can use standard .net classes like http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.drawing.image.getthumbnailimage.aspx . As far as i remember also paid components have such functionality, for example Aspose.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 9:00 AM
  • Thank you very much.  I'll try what you said and  thanks again!
    Tuesday, May 29, 2012 9:22 AM