none
How to refresh WinCE file-system programmatically from disk RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

Our WinCE 6.0 device can connect to PC through serial (using active sync) and mass storage interfaces. At present I use active sync connection, usb serial mode and rapi for communications between PC software and WinCE device software.

I want to avoid using of active sync and use mass storage instead. So the idea is to implement own little api that performs the required for me rapi functions. I connect the device as mass storage. I create the file on the device. PC software read/write commands(replies) from/into this file, WinCE device read/write commands(and replies) from/into this file too. It looks fine except one thing:

The problem is that looks like WinCE device refreshes its file-system only during usb reconnect or OS restart... As result after PC software write into file something (for example command) WinCE device doesn't see the changes until I make reconnect. How can I refresh WinCE mass-storage files from disk programmatically without reconnect? Maybe there is some solution to exchange by data between PC and WinCE using mass-storage connection?

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 11:39 AM

All replies

• I know that there is the method to switch usb client mode, for example from/to mass storage. When mass storage client is already activated and I "switch" to mass storage again using this method the file system becomes refreshed but PC thinks that usb device was reconnected... Maybe there is the method (ioctl, some mass storage driver's api) to refresh (update the files from disk) on the WinCE side without usb reconnect?

Thursday, January 8, 2015 11:24 AM