Customer Requests input into TFS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

We currently service the development of a number of small reports from other areas in the business within our team (as well large projects). Users enter their requests with a title, description and target delivery date.

We to create a front end that will capture these and integrate with TFS, mapping the title/description/target data to a card on the board. Also having acceptance criteria from the user would be very important.

Rather than give them a PBI card (not the most user friendly) has anyone built a front end/aware of a tool that could integrate that could be used for the above purpose? 

Friday, July 15, 2016 10:02 AM

Answers

• Hi N123B,

Thank you for posting here.

I'm sorry that I'm not very clear about your issue. Let's confirm that first. You want capture requirements from your customers and upload these requirements into TFS. But you don't want your customers to access your TFS directly, am I right?

If so, I agree with you. TFS is designed for those people/teams who will develop, test, deploy this software not your customers. I suggest you that ask someone to gather all the requirements and let him upload all requirements to TFS and assign each PBI to person who is responsible for this. In another way, you could set all your customers as "Stakeholder ", this role with less permissions.

Best regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Sunday, July 17, 2016 4:49 AM