none
Can't launch Office App(Add-in) in Word online RRS feed

• Question

• I can't seem to launch  Office app( task pane app) in Word online. Am i doing something wrong or there is, currently, no support for Office Apps (Office Add-ins) in Online version of word?
    Wednesday, May 6, 2015 10:18 AM

All replies

• Hi safiz,

>> I can't seem to launch  Office app( task pane app) in Word online. Am i doing something wrong or there is, currently, no support for Office Apps (Office Add-ins) in Online version of word?

Do you want to create a task pane for word online in Visual Studio or you want to insert a task pane in Word Online from the Office Store?

If you want to debug task pane for word online in Visual Studio, I think you could not, I made a test with task pane, and I could not find the "Internet Explorer" in the Start Action.

>> currently, no support for Office Apps (Office Add-ins) in Online version of word?

At present, task pane is supported in Word online.

The link below shows details.

# Requirements for running apps for Office

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn833104

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, May 7, 2015 9:09 AM
  • I have the same problem. My HelloWorld app is available in Word online, shows up in the task pane, but cant do anything, no events are fired. F12-debug console says: "SCRIPT5022: Application 32 does not exist. Microsoft.Office.WebExtension.initialize(reason) is not called."

Edit: Word online should support task pane apps says msdn here:https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/jj220082(v=office.15).aspx

Edit: Same result in IE10/FF37/Chrome42

//Petter

• Edited by jpback Friday, May 8, 2015 9:07 AM
    Friday, May 8, 2015 8:10 AM
  • Hi jpback,

>> My HelloWorld app is available in Word online, shows up in the task pane, but cant do anything, no events are fired

It would be helpful if you could share us more details about how you develop your task pane, and how you insert your task pane in Word online.

I will recommend you post a new thread for your own issue with more details about your issue, and there would be more community members to help you.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, May 14, 2015 10:00 AM