Is it possible to save downloaded packages during installation pass (like --layout)?

• I know that the installer support --layout parameter. But my question is a little different.

It's like this. I run the intaller UI and click on/off many components, which I don't want to pass to the commandline syntax. Then I click Install button. I hope that I can have an option (or even a button) that says "Save downloaded packages to somewhere" so that I can install VS later.

Thanks for any tips.

Ignorance is blissful

• Edited by Neo the 1 Thursday, March 08, 2018 3:56 PM
    Thursday, March 08, 2018 3:56 PM

• Hi Neo,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Until now, we do not have such function to download the offline installer during the VS installation, thank you for your suggestion. It seems if there have a GUI installer to download the custom offline installer will convenient for us, and I found some other community members already shared the user voices to the VS Product Team, please have a look at the following:

Allow offline installer layout to be saved from GUI installer

Provide a GUI Tool to create custom offline installer

You can vote them to let the VS Product Team notice this requirement, and I will also vote them tool, then waiting for the feedback comes from the VS Product Team engineers, thank you for your understanding and suggestion

Best regards,

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact

• Marked as answer by Neo the 1 Friday, March 09, 2018 12:43 PM
    Friday, March 09, 2018 2:47 AM