Storage service not present at location West Europe? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Trying to create a storage service (data services / storage / quick create) in location West Europe. However, it fails with message "Storage service is not present at location West Europe.". I tried from both the web portal and the azure publishing wizard in VS2013 and neither allow me to create a storage service there.

Quick test shows same goes for North Europe, but creating in East US works. Service dashboard shows the storage service in North and West Europe is up and running.

Anyone else experience problems creating storage in North or West Europe?

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 12:51 PM

Answers

• We are seeing exactly the same thing, I am logging a call with MS Partner support now. I will let you know what they say.
    • Marked as answer by Shiftkey Thursday, January 23, 2014 7:29 AM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:54 PM

All replies

• We are seeing exactly the same thing, I am logging a call with MS Partner support now. I will let you know what they say.
    • Marked as answer by Shiftkey Thursday, January 23, 2014 7:29 AM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:54 PM
  • Thanks for your reply and for logging the call!

I see the issue is shown on the service dashboard now.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:27 PM
  • I see it as well and have just received an email update with the same status:

Here are the latest updates:<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Customers are currently unable to
    create new Storage accounts in the West Europe sub-region. All existing storage
    accounts and are unaffected. We are actively investigating this issue and
    working to resolve it as soon as possible. Further updates will be published to
    keep you apprised of the situation.

<o:p></o:p>

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:50 PM
  • The issue has been resolved, I was able to create storage in West Europe a couple of moments ago.

Thanks for the assistance.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 7:29 AM