SSRS Chart Tools Which Is The Best? RRS feed

• Question

• User-2081946597 posted

I am looking to buy some new charting tools to improve reporting for my SSRS portal.  I am looking at the following:

Nevron Charts:   $1239 1 designer and server license

Chart FX:              $899 1 designer and server license $499 additional designer license

Dundas:               $2199 - Includes 1 CPU license, and 1 Report Designer License $2749 for Chart/Map/Gauge/Calendar

Which toolset is the best?  I am looking at ease of use, ease of maintainence, performance, and best visualizations.  Anyone have experience with these?

Thanks

Friday, February 12, 2010 3:15 PM

All replies

• User-1226263862 posted

Dundas has a nice interface within VS.  You may also want to check out FusionCharts.  They are a flash based chart, I have used in the past and work very well.

Saturday, February 13, 2010 2:25 PM
  • User-670783002 posted

Hello,
    Nevron Chart for SSRS is definitely the best – easily configurable through their Chart designer, it provides more charting types (also unique chart types), better rendering performance and better image quality (numerous options for appearance and rendering customizations).

Regarding pricing – single designer license (which includes a server license) is priced at $ 889. The $1239 option includes full year subscription.
    The SSRS Vision suite (which also includes Gauge for SSRS) is priced at $1239 ($1589 with the yearly subscription).

The Nevron Chart for SSRS has support for both SSRS 2005 and SSRS 2008 and forward and backward compatible (ChartFX only support SSRS 2005). It also features code embedding, giving you additional options for customizing your charts through C# code.

Regarding Dundas Chart – you are actually receiving the same (or substantially the same) functionality with the standard chart in SSRS (Microsoft has acquired their chart for SSRS).

You will be able to download and fully test the Nevron Chart for SSRS as well as contact their support team for any specific requirements – they are very responsive.
    Check out: http://www.nevron.com/Products.ChartForSQLReportingServices.Overview.aspx

Cheers,

Einar

Friday, August 27, 2010 9:34 AM