Can't login to Microsoft Azure Portal RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have tried Microsoft Azure virtual machine for a week and now I have decided to change the trial/free subscription to the automatic renewal. After changing the subscription to auto-renewal I have received an email from billing@microsoft.com saying that "my subscription will be automatically renewed when the current subscription term expires, so I will continue to receive uninterrupted service for your subscription."

But now I cannot even login to Microsoft Azure Portal and all my websites hosted by virtual machine are down. What is going on? I tried to reply to the email billing@microsoft.com but email delivery failed.

The virtual machine is located in Australia.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 1:45 PM

Answers

• Thanks for your help Mr/Ms Girish,

Everything (including my websites) are working fine now. It looks like the problems were caused by the wrong IP address binding of the websites in IIS of the virtual machine and not with the subscription mode changes.

Thank you.

• Marked as answer by Sapna Girish Tuesday, August 2, 2016 3:16 PM
    Sunday, July 31, 2016 6:36 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I have tried Microsoft Azure virtual machine for a week and now I have decided to change the trial/free subscription to the automatic renewal. After changing the subscription to auto-renewal I have received an email from billing@microsoft.com saying that "my subscription will be automatically renewed when the current subscription term expires, so I will continue to receive uninterrupted service for your subscription."

But now I cannot even login to Microsoft Azure Portal and all my websites hosted by virtual machine are down. What is going on? I tried to reply to the email billing@microsoft.com but email delivery failed.

The virtual machine is located in Australia.

Now, I can successfully login to the Azure portal. But All of my websites now show File not found 404 error. I didn't see this error before and my websites hosted by IIS on the VM were up and running fine before I changed my subscription to the auto renewal. I have checked all inbound and outbound port settings and they aren't changed. Why is this happening? How can I solve this HTTP 404 error problem?
    Thursday, July 28, 2016 12:16 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for posting here and apologies for the delay in responding to you.

When you say "Auto-Renew", does that mean you have converted your Free Trial subscription to Pay-As-You-Go by removing the Spending Limit. If that is the case, your subscription will not get Disabled and your services will be up and running without any issues.

Please check the Status of the subscription in the portal and if it is "Active", please restart all the services in your subscription. This should help resolve your problem.

Regards,

Sapna Girish

Sapna G

• Proposed as answer by Sapna Girish Saturday, July 30, 2016 4:36 PM
    Friday, July 29, 2016 3:10 PM
  • Thanks for your help Mr/Ms Girish,

Everything (including my websites) are working fine now. It looks like the problems were caused by the wrong IP address binding of the websites in IIS of the virtual machine and not with the subscription mode changes.

Thank you.

• Marked as answer by Sapna Girish Tuesday, August 2, 2016 3:16 PM
    Sunday, July 31, 2016 6:36 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for getting back to us by letting us know about how the issue got resolved.

If a post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer on that post. If you find a post helpful, please click Vote as Helpful.

Regards,

Sapna Girish

Sapna G

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 11:01 AM